Sunday, October 26, 2008

Only you, only I


Far from day, far from night,
Out of time, out of sight,
In between earth and sea,
We shall fly; follow me.
Dry the rain, warm the snow;
Where the winds never go
Follow me, follow me, follow me
To a cave by a sapphire shore
Where we'll walk through an emerald door,
And for thousands of breathless evermores my life you shall be.
Only you, only I,
World farewell, world goodbye.
To our home 'neath the sea
We shall fly; follow me.
Follow me, follow me, follow me.

Can you believe Jules is one month old already?! Time just seems to fly by. Not long after Jules was born, this song got stuck in my head. I sang the last verse to him over and over while we nursed all by ourselves during the night. Finally I had to look up the words online and found that I was not butchering the song all that much. Anyway, the song is from one of Isaac's least favorite musicals. Anyone know what musical? No cheating by searching online.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as I started reading the lyrics, I knew the tune! But darned if I can think of what it is from! I'll be going nuts now, thank you! And no, I won't cheat.
love, abuela who is coming soon!
Kismet?

Unknown said...

just read some of your old blogs....

the musical is.... Camelot.... not my favorite, either. :)

jessica