Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jules without the Slime



Here he is all cleaned up.

Details about Jules...

He is a quiet baby. He communicates in a few different ways. One is a pig-like squeal when he is about to pee. If he grunts then he is trying to poop, unless he is sticking his tongue out, then the is trying to burp. If he is crying then I've missed his signal, or I'm changing a diaper. Mostly, though, he is asleep.

He was born knowing how to get his hand into his mouth. Latching him on for the first few days was hard because anytime his mouth was open, his hands were trying to get in. Now he seems to have mastered nursing and it could be my mommy eyes, but he already seems to be beefing up.

When he was born his left ear was curled up inside itself, as if he had be laying on it for the last few months. It is mostly uncurled now. It no longer looks weird, but is not quite as flat as the other ear.

Jules also seems so aware. He is content to just look around even though I don't think he should be able to see very far yet. His neck has great control and if he is laying on his belly he will lift up his head and look around for a few seconds.

He was looking a little jaundiced for a few days, but that has almost cleared. I think he has thrush because his tongue is white, but it doesn't seem to bother him or me yet. His right eye gets gunky, so I'm thinking he's got a clogged tear duct, but I have been keeping it clean so he can always open his eye. We see the pediatrician on Monday and we'll see what he says about all that (and more).

No comments: