Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Front Torso Cross Carry

Susie from Magic City Slingers recently made and posted a video JUST FOR ME ;-) to demonstrate this carry, so I had to post a photo. It is strapless, so I'll be doing it more when the weather warms. I know, it just got cold. And windy. We actually had some snow here last night. Like one or two flakes. So anyway, I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but Jules was hanging on for dear life with his right hand. Of course he is completely secure, but he is a grabber. He can be hard to put down at times. I guess he doesn't trust me. Sheesh! I've only dropped him once so far.

2 comments:

AC said...

Jen just got this new sling that looks similar. Didn't like the ring-sling as the adjusting wasn't easy to maneuver. How are you liking yours?

StarShine Mommy said...

I, too, am not a lover of ring slings. In the picture I am using a Gypsy Mama Bali Breeze wrap. It is a really long piece of fabric and is not stretchy. I really haven't used it much yet. I am waiting for spring when the weather warms up. Right now I use a homemade fleece wrap. It is slightly stretchy, which makes it easier (in my opinion) to put Jules in and out without re-wrapping. It is also much warmer. My favorite carrier is the Ergo. I got it for Isaac to use with Orion when he was about a year old, but I loved it so much that I use it more than he does. Anyway, that was probably more info than you were looking for.